Everyone Active manages a number of sites in Sunderland on behalf of Sunderland city council. This partnership provides access to a wide range of activities, sports and high quality leisure facilities for the people of Sunderland.
- Aquatic Centre – A major wet/dry leisure complex on the northern side of the city, next to Sunderland AFC Stadium of Light.The centre offers 140 station gym, which is the largest in Sunderland. The centre has the finest swimming and diving pool in the North East boasting the only 50m swimming pool between Leeds and Edinburgh, as well 10 lane swimming pool. It also has an exercise studio and multi-purpose sports hall.
- Silksworth Sports Complex – This centre is situated on Silksworth Lane, New Silksworth near Gilley Law and Plains Farm, which is a short distance from Sunderland Wellness Centre. It has a 120 + state of the art gym, 25m Swimming pool, Virtual Group cycle arena, Virtual group exercise studio, a second group exercise studio, 8 indoor international standard tennis courts, 10 outdoor tennis courts, a function suite and café facilities. Next door is the Ski Slope, one of the premier ski/snowboard centres in the country that teaches skiing and snowboarding on three dry slopes. Learners as young as four years’ old can take to the ‘snow’ with two nursery slopes for little ones and those that are just getting started. Our highly qualified instructors expert tuition will help all ages and abilities progress through the snow sport development pathway. Meanwhile, more advanced skiers and snowboarders can enjoy recreational skiing on the 165m floodlit slope. Situated within Silksworth Sports Complex site are 2 fishing lakes, entertainment bowl, picnic area, athletics track arena, adventure playground, sk8 city caters for BMX, blades and skate boards and 3 grass football pitches.
- Raich Carter Sports Centre – Situated in Hendon on the coast, near Wearside & Thornhill in Sunderland. The centre has a gym with easy to use equipment, 25m swimming pool, sports hall including Badminton, Basketball and indoor 5 a side facilities. The centre also boasts a state of the art Dance & Exercise studio, an indoor cycling studio and a community café. Outside the centre has a flood lit full size astro pitch which can be used for football, hockey, American football or just general training. The centre offers group exercise classes, swimming lessons, swim for fitness and it the perfect venue for kids parties including bouncy Castle, Football, Roller skating and Inflatable pool parties.
- Hetton Wellness Centre – Hetton Community Pool and Wellness Centre boast a brand new 25m swimming pool & learner pool, sauna & steam room, Wellness Centre and exercise studio. The pool has something for everyone, with lanes for swimming, aquafit classes; learn to swim courses for all ages. Your physical and mental well-being are important, so be sure to come and unwind at our Wellness Centre.
- Houghton Sports Centre – Situated in the centre of Houghton Le Spring (near Hetton Le Hole) in Sunderland. Houghton Sports Centre and Wellness Centre is perfect place to visit to reach your health and fitness goals. The sports hall provides a great range of indoor and outdoor activities including a first class gymnastics, football, basketball, badminton, soft play, martial arts, dance studio, meeting rooms, indoor bowls, gym and skate park.
- Washington Leisure Centre – Around 5 miles to the west of Sunderland city centre, Washington Leisure Centre opened in May 2015 after an 11 million investment. The centre, which will feature two water flumes together with a six-lane 25 metre swimming pool and learner pool with interactive water features. It will also boast a multi-purpose sports hall that can accommodate trampoline training to an international standard, a soft play area across two levels and a gym. In addition, it has a four-court sports hall, two glass backed squash courts, and a health suite containing a sauna and steam rooms. The centre also offers group exercise classes and kids parties too.
- Seaburn Leisure Centre – Seaburn is a small seaside town on the northern fringes of Sunderland, central to Roker and Fulwell.Seaburn Leisure and Wellness Centre is the perfect place to reach your health and fitness goals. The centre offers exceptional indoor sports facilities, which include excellent cardiovascular and resistance equipment including treadmills, cross trainers, cycles and there is also a free weights area that is complimented by benches in the gym. The centre can accommodate a number of activities including five-a-side football, badminton and martial arts.
- Bunny Hill Wellness Centre – A small community leisure centre on the north-west side of Sunderland, roughly one mile north of the River Wear. The centre is a great place to get fit with state of the art equipment and offers top class, easy to use equipment and the fully qualified staff are always on hand to help you reach your health and fitness goals. The gym boasts cardiovascular and resistance equipment including treadmills, cross trainers, cycles as well as a vast range of free weights complimented by benches. This centre also offers a wellness programme.
For more information, visit the Everyone Active website.